Deep ruby red colour with purple tints.
The aroma is typically vegetal with pronounced notes of green pepper.
On the palate it is full and harmonious with medium tannins. An ideal pairing is with red meat and game dishes.
Technical information sheet
- Varietal Cabernet Franc
- Appellation Friuli Colli Orientali DOC
- Production area Prepotto
- Soil type Eocene marl and sandstone
- Training system Double arched cane
- Winemaking and ageing The grapes are manually harvested and delicately destemmed. The must macerates and ferments with the skins in stainless steel tanks at a controlled temperature. Pump overs are performed regularly to extract supple tannins and colour from the skins. The wine is racked into new tanks where alcoholic and malolactic fermentations are completed. The wine stays on the lees until bottling.
- Serving temperature 16-18°C