Brilliant straw-yellow in colour with greenish highlights.
Lovely freshness on the nose, with notes of flowers and fruit which recall chamomile flowers and golden delicious apple.
In the mouth it is surefooted with a good backbone and a pleasant almond finish.
In Friuli, it is traditionally served as an aperitif and is also perfect with San Daniele prosciutto, soft and medium hard cheeses, pastas and risottos, white meat and oven baked fish.
Technical information sheet
- Varietal Friulano
- Appellation Friuli Colli Orientali DOC
- Production area Prepotto
- Soil type Eocene marl and sandstone
- Training system Double arched cane
- Winemaking and ageing The grapes are manually harvested and undergo soft pressing. Controlled temperature fermentation of the free run grape juice takes place in stainless steel tanks following cold static settling for 3 days. Lees are stirred regularly to extract maximum aroma and gain structure and natural stability. The wine stays on the lees until bottling.
- Serving temperature 10-12°C