Refosco dal Peduncolo Rosso
Vibrant ruby red in colour with a purple rim.
The nose presents fruity notes of blackberry, plum, blackcurrant and blueberry.
The mouthfeel is fresh and dry with well-balanced tannins.
It pairs well with hearty rustic dishes like those of the Friulan cuisine, and with flavourful feathered game.
Technical information sheet
- Varietal Refosco dal Peduncolo Rosso
- Appellation Friuli Colli Orientali DOC
- Production area Prepotto
- Soil type Eocene marl and sandstone
- Training system Double arched cane
- Winemaking and ageing The grapes are manually harvested and delicately destemmed. The must macerates and ferments with the skins in stainless steel tanks at a controlled temperature. Pump overs are performed regularly to extract supple tannins and colour from the skins. The wine is racked into new tanks where alcoholic and malolactic fermentations are completed. The wine stays on the lees until bottling.
- Serving temperature 16-18 °C