Bright ruby red in colour.
The aromas are generous and fruit-fuelled with sour cherry, raspberry and strawberry.
The mouthfeel is lean, plush and harmonious.
It pairs superbly with cured cold meats, semi mature cheeses, roasts, red and white meat dishes.
Technical information sheet
- Varietal Merlot
- Appellation Friuli Colli Orientali DOC
- Production area Prepotto
- Soil type Eocene marl and sandstone
- Training system Double arched cane
- Winemaking and ageing The grapes are manually harvested and delicately destemmed. The must macerates and ferments with the skins in stainless steel tanks at a controlled temperature. Pump overs are performed regularly to extract supple tannins and colour from the skins. The wine is racked into new tanks where alcoholic and malolactic fermentations are completed. The wine stays on the lees until bottling.
- Serving temperature 16-18 °C