Golden straw yellow in colour. The bouquet is slightly aromatic.
Hints of spices, from cinnamon to pink pepper and nutmeg, blend wonderfully with the fruity notes of dried apricot.
In the mouth it is pleasingly savoury, balanced by soft tannins, a good body and long finish. The ideal match is with mixed beans soups, fish flavoured risottos, seafood pastas, crustaceans, and grilled fish.
Technical information sheets
- Varietal Malvasia
- Appellation DOC Friuli Colli Orientali
- Production area Prepotto
- Soil type Eocene marl and sandstone
- Training system Double arched cane
- Winemaking and ageing The grapes are manually late-harvested and undergo soft pressing. Fermentation of the free run grape juice takes place following cold static settling for 5 days. Fermentation is carried out in stainless steel tanks under a controlled temperature. The lees are stirred regularly to extract maximum aroma and gain structure and natural stability. The wine stays on the lees for 9 months, then bottled.
- Serving temperature 10-12 °C