Rosso Ronco della Poiana
Deep ruby red in colour.
The nose is ample and complex with fruity notes that recall black-cherry jam and ripe wild blackberry, which develop into liquorice, sweet tobacco, coffee and cocoa.
In the mouth it is warm, caressing, solidly built with velvety, soft tannins. Very elegant and long lasting. It is a perfect match with roasted and charcoal grilled meat, and medium to mature cheeses.
Technical information sheets
- Varietal Merlot, Refosco dal Peduncolo Rosso
- Appellation DOC Friuli Colli Orientali
- Production area Prepotto
- Soil type Eocene marl and sandstone
- Training system Guyot
- Winemaking and ageing Only the best grapes are manually harvested from our oldest vineyards, and delicately destemmed. Fermentation follows maceration on the skins in truncated cone shaped French oak vats. Pump overs are performed regularly to extract fine-grained tannins and colour from the skins. The wine is racked into French oak barriques and tonneaux where both alcoholic and malolactic fermentations are completed. The wine stays on the lees for a long time, then bottled.
- Serving temperature 18 °C