Lustrous straw yellow in colour.
The nose opens with Fuji apple and pineapple, followed by hints of aromatic herbs, in particular dried oregano and rosemary. In the mouth it is generous with a mineral edge; enveloping and well balanced.
Excellent served as an aperitif, it complements spring vegetable risottos as well as fish and white meat dishes.
Technical information sheets
- Varietal Pinot Grigio
- Appellation DOC Friuli Colli Orientali
- Production area Prepotto
- Soil type Eocene marl and sandstone
- Training system Modified double arched cane
- Winemaking and ageing A selection of grapes are manually harvested and undergo soft pressing. Fermentation of the free run grape juice takes place following cold static settling for 5 days. Fermentation is carried out in stainless steel tanks under a controlled temperature. Lees are stirred regularly to extract maximum aroma and gain structure and natural stability. The wine stays on the lees for 9 months, then bottled.
- Serving temperature 10-12 °C